I was once told that “all websites are blogs.” If you’re like me, you’re probably sputtering and thinking, “yeah, right, who is this crazy person?” But, if you break it down, blogs are the sharing of written, informative content, and isn’t that what you have on your website? From information on how you help buyers or sellers to neighborhood research, the content on your website could be considered a blog.
Did I just blow your mind? As you try to reassemble everything you thought you knew about the world, let’s take a look at why blogging is so important for real estate agents.
Noteworthy Blogging Statistics:
- 77% of internet users interact with blogs.
- Internet users in the U.S. spend three times more time on blogs than they do on email.
- Companies that blog have 55% more visitors to their website.
- On average, companies who blog produce 67% more leads per month.
- People are spending more time than ever online searching for content. Internet and data usage increased 47% in 2020.
- Over 409 million people view more than 20 billion pages each month.
- Blog posts remain the most effective form of content over email, ebooks, and white papers.
- Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites, which is crucial to improving your SEO and bumping up your rankings in search results.
- Businesses that blog experience twice as much email traffic as businesses that don’t.
If these statistics gathered by search engine marketers haven’t convinced you how beneficial blogs are, consider that:
1. Blogging Boosts Your SEO
If your clients or potential clients can’t find you and interact with you easily online, they’re likely to leave your site to find someone they can. Think about how much the real estate industry changed in 2020 and pivoted to virtual and online marketing; that trend isn’t going to disappear. Having an informative and active blog helps the algorithm that determines where your website lands in page rankings. Being consistent and using relevant keywords will only help boost your website on search engines.
2. You Can Establish Yourself As An Expert
A blog helps new clients become acquainted with your brand and the services you offer. Use your blog to answer questions you get a lot, demonstrate what makes you and your business unique, and highlight what you know. It’s important to be genuine and to be seen as a resource for important information.
3. Blogs Give You Content To Share On Social Platforms
How many times have you heard that it’s important to build online communities and to post consistently on social media platforms? How many times have you struggled to come up with things to post on your social media that will get engagement? Blogs are great content to share with your followers and subscribers, and sharing those blogs results in more traffic on your website and the potential to be seen by a wider audience.
Blogging has become a booming, money-making industry over the last decade, and it can do the same for real estate agents. If you’re curious about what kind of content you should be posting or if you need help putting together consistent and relevant content, contact Agent Operations. We’ll help you market yourself as the go-to real estate expert in your local community. Reach out to our team anytime: (512) 400-2345 or [email protected].